ASME SA556 Seamless cold drawn carbon steel feedwater heater tubes
Standard: ASTM A556 / ASME SA556
Steel grade: Carbon steel
Material shall conform to the applicable requirements of specification A450/A450M
The tubes are mainly delivered in the form of U-tubes.
|Carbon, max, %
|Phosphorous, max, %
|Sulfur, max, %
|Silicon, min, %
Process: cold drawn
The tubes cover minimum wall thickness.
Application: Tubular feedwater heaters
Any specific size is to be discussed before offer
The tube be 100% eddy current tested
Ultrasonic test is as option
Roughness: Ra ≤0.8
- Finished tubes shall be free from scale but may have a superficial oxide film on the surfaces. A light oxide scale on the outside and inside surfaces of U-bend shall be allowed for tubes which have been heat treated.
- Finished tubes shall be reasonably straight and have smooth ends free from burrs. Tubes shall have a workmanlike finish and shall be free of surface imperfections that cannot be removed within the allowable wall tolerances. Removal of surface imperfections such as handling marks, straightening marks, light mandrel and die marks, shallow pits, and scale pattern will not be required provided they are within the allowable wall tolerances.
- Finished tubes shall be coated both on the outside and the inside diameter to prevent corrosion in transit. The type of coating applied should be mutually agreed upon and specified in the order.
- One tension test shall be made on a specimen for lots of not more than 50 tubes. Tension tests shall be made on specimens from two tubes for lots of more than 50 tubes.
- One flattening test shall be made on specimens taken from each end of one finished tube, not the one used for the flaring test, from each lot of not more than 125 tubes or fraction thereof.
- One flaring test shall be made on specimens taken from each end of one finished tube, not the one used for flattening test, from each lot of not more than 125 tubes or fraction thereof.
- Brinell or Rockwell hardness tests shall be made on specimens from two tubes from each lot
- Each U-tube shall be subjected to a hydrostatic test, using a noncorrosive fluid, or when agreed upon between the purchaser and manufacturer, they may be tested at 11⁄2 times the specified design working pressure.
- Each tube shall be tested after the finish heat treatment following the final cold-drawn pass by passing through a nondestructive tester capable of detecting defects on the entire cross section of the tube, in accordance with Specification A 450/A 450M.
|Tensile strength, min, ksi (MPa)
|Yield strength, min, ksi (MPa)
|Elongation in 50mm, min, %
Packing and marking
- Tubes shall delivered with square cut ends. The ends are free of excessive burrs.
- The tubing shall be packaged or bundled in such a manner as to prevent damage in ordinary handling and transportation and identified by a tag with the name of the manufacturer, purchase order number, specification number and grade, and size.
- In the case of U-tubes, each box shall be palletized and legibly marked showing the manufacturer’s name, purchase order number, specification number and grade, size, and identification of items contained.
- Bar coding – In addition to the requirements in above two items, bar coding is acceptable as a supplemental identification method. The purchaser may specify in the order a specific bar coding system to be used.
- The case is most suitable for hanging by forklift.
EN10204-3.1 MTC shall be issued
EN10204-3.2 MTC is as option